Monday, May 12, 2008

creative writing!

untitled because i'm really bad at titling things

How can I cry

for something I’ve never had?


Why am I forced

to face this now when I should be worrying about

homework and school and living my life


But none of it matters anymore

My dreams of a family I never knew I had are gone


FUCK the doctors for not telling me sooner

FUCK the doctors for not giving me enough time

FUCK the doctors for not giving me the support I needed


Thanks to whatever god is up there for giving me enough time

Thanks to my parents for making enough money to let me do it

(and a big FUCK YOU to the insurance companies)


My future family will be reeking with privilege

There’s no way around it

Test tube babies vs. adopted babies

Money money money


But who says I even want kids anymore?

I’m going to be the best damn doctor anyone’s ever seen

and I’m not going to fucking wait until the last minute to tell them,


CANCER CAN MAKE YOU FUCKING STERILE



So infertility isn't something I talk about a lot whenever I tell my cancer story, mostly because I don't know how comfortable I am talking about it and I don't know how comfortable others are talking about it. There's definitely more that has happened that I've chosen not to elaborate on, but I am willing to talk about my experience as a cancer survivor to anyone who is curious. You can always email me or find me on facebook or however else you would like to contact me by :) And there is no such thing as a stupid question!

No comments: