Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A part of me?

A woman
Who's name I can't even tell you
My mother's father's sister
Knowing what she looks like
A woman
With a hoarse strong voice
Demanding Powerful
It made me timid.

This woman who is in my family
I share blood with her
Yet don't know her name

One day
We hear
She had been beaten
In her liquor store
By a man who threw
cash register
at her face
as she lay defenseless on the
ground

Her face unrecognizable
Speech forever lost
tongue powerless

What am I to do?
Parents don't want me to know know
The hospital waiting room
I let them hold me back
I am afraid
I don't know
I want to be gone

What does this mean?
Her son is on the news
History between Koreans and Blacks
around the corner
What does this mean?

How is she doing?
I ask to myself.

No comments: