Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Missy's post

Crazy Woman Upstairs

She is always there

Whispering, yelling, manipulating

Why do I always have to listen?

She runs back and forth, nonstop

Constantly switching sides

Never letting me stay happy with the decisions I have made

In every situation she is in charge

I know I shouldn’t listen

But there she is again in my ear

Driving me crazy and yet so logical

Can I control my own actions for once?

Never letting me get a word in edgewise

Boys or girls, interactions with either

Often leads me to tears and frustration

With her bad advice

My soul just wants to be happy

Dance without a care, she frowns

Never letting me just be myself

I look in the mirror and there she is

Behind my eyes, turning and pulling

Tugging every which way

Forcing me to reign myself in

Keeping me hostage

Never letting me be in control

No comments: